Employees Want Trump Censored
While social media giants have done everything they can to control the narrative online, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has erred on the side of freedom of expression.
In a letter to his employees, Zuckerberg stated he wants users to see information and decide for themselves how they feel about it, unless it causes “imminent risk or specific dangers.”
“Political speech is one of the most sensitive parts of a democracy, and people should be able to see what politicians say,” he said. “Political speech is the most scrutinized speech already, by a lot of the media.”
I just shared the following note with our employees, and I want to share it with all of you as well. — As we…
This came after some of his employees publicly shamed the CEO for not pulling posts from the president, which they claimed incited violence.
President Trump’s post last week was in response to peaceful protests turning violent. He wrote, “these thugs are dishonoring George Floyd” and added “when the looting starts, the shooting starts.”
I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis. A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right…..
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 29, 2020
Twitter removed the post and argued it went against their policy. However, they left one up that
specifically stated big change does not come without violence. According to critics, this pointed to a major bias in the platform’s use of their rules and guidelines.
— Twitter Comms (@TwitterComms) May 29, 2020
In May, Zuckerberg warned against this kind of bias censorship.
“I don’t think that Facebook or any other platforms in general should be arbiters of truth,” he said. “I think that’s a dangerous line to get down to, in terms of deciding what is true and what isn’t.”
Moving forward, the CEO said he’s seeking alternatives to the “leave it up or take it down” option, when it comes to information partially violating policies.
He added he will also be working to advance racial justice through product innovation, as well as ramping up the platform’s ‘get out and vote’ campaign.
Author: Oan Newsroom
Join Our Mailing List
- Biden HHS Spending $60 Million Each Week To House Migrant Children
- Tennessee The 20th State To Abolish Concealed Permit Requirement
- Meet Joe Biden’s ATF Head: He Wants You To Register Your Rifles
- Trump, Other Potential GOP Contenders, Gathering At Major Retreat
- Hundreds Of Sheriffs Call On Biden To Finish Trump’s Border Wall, Stop Gangs, Guns, Dangerous Drugs Entering U.S.
- A Political Power Grab: Biden Creates Commission To Study Packing The Supreme Court
- Zeldin Announces Run For Governor Of NY – We Have To Turn Things Around
- Report Shows Trump’s Net Worth After Presidency – Obama Got Richer While Donald Lost Over $1 Billion
- 172,000 Tried To Cross Border Illegally In March, The Most In 15 Years
- Texas Governor Demands Shut Down Of Migrant Facility For Abuse
- Neck Becomes Neck Area For Prosecution, Media In George Floyd Trial
- Biden On The Second Amendment: No Amendment Is Absolute
- Leaked Teacher Training Video Shows How Cultish Critical Race Theory Is Being Pushed On Teachers
- Cuomo’s NY: Illegals To Get $1.1B More In Aid Than Small Businesses
- Trump Supports New Pence Effort To Fuse Conservatism With MAGA Agenda