Former President Donald Trump revealed Sunday how he plans to target those Republicans who supported his second impeachment.
When the House formally impeached Trump in January, charging him with “incitement of insurrection,” 10 House Republicans joined their Democratic colleagues in supporting the effort, including Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), the No. 3 House Republican.
The trend continued at Trump’s Senate trial. Trump was acquitted because Senate ultimately fell short of the 67-vote threshold, but seven Republicans voted “guilty.”
Speaking at the Conservation Political Action Conference in Florida, Trump blasted his intraparty opponents and said he would actively campaign against them.
“I’m announcing that I will be actively working to elect strong, tough, and smart Republican leaders,” Trump said, to which the crowd responded with chants of “USA! USA! USA!”
In fact, Trump claimed that RINOs — an acronym meaning “Republicans In Name Only” — will “destroy the Republican Party and the American worker and will destroy our country itself.”
“Now more than ever is the time for tough, strong, and energetic Republican leaders who have spines of steel. We need strong leadership. We cannot have leaders who show more passion for condemning their fellow Americans than they have ever shown for standing up to Democrats, the media, and the radicals who want to turn America into a socialist country,” Trump said.
“Instead of attacking me and more importantly the voters of our movement, top establishment Republicans in Washington should be spending their energy in opposing Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, and the Democrats,” Trump declared.
The former president went on to name specifically which Republican politicians he will campaign against.
The Democrats don’t have grandstanders like Mitt Romney, little Ben Sasse, Richard Burr, Bill Cassidy, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Pat Toomey, and in the House, Tom Rice [of] South Carolina, Adam Kinzinger, Dan Newhouse, Anthony Gonzalez. That’s another beauty. Fred Upton, Jaime Herrera Beutler, Peter Meyer, John Katko, David Valadao.
And of course the warmonger, a person that loves seeing our troops fighting, Liz Cheney. How about that? The good news is in her state, she’s been censured, and in her state, her poll numbers have dropped faster than any human being I’ve ever seen. So hopefully they’ll get rid of her with the next election.
“Get rid of them all,” Trump declared.
Former President Trump calls out every GOP member of the House and Senate that voted to impeach/remove him from office.
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) February 28, 2021
Despite Trump claiming the Republican Party is unified, the GOP currently could not be more divided between those who believe Trump should continue leading the party and those who want Trump gone.
The divide was illustrated during a press conference with GOP leadership last week.
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) was asked whether Trump should be CPAC’s keynote speaker — in a speech that Trump planned to solidify his power hold over the GOP — to which McCarthy responded with resounding affirmation. “Yes, he should,” McCarthy said.
Then it was Cheney’s turn to answer.
“I don’t believe that he should be playing a role in the future of the party or the country,” Cheney said of Trump.
McCarthy responded by abruptly ending the press conference. “On that high note, thank you very much,” he said.
Author : Chris Enloe
Join Our Mailing List
- Biden HHS Spending $60 Million Each Week To House Migrant Children
- Tennessee The 20th State To Abolish Concealed Permit Requirement
- Meet Joe Biden’s ATF Head: He Wants You To Register Your Rifles
- Trump, Other Potential GOP Contenders, Gathering At Major Retreat
- Hundreds Of Sheriffs Call On Biden To Finish Trump’s Border Wall, Stop Gangs, Guns, Dangerous Drugs Entering U.S.
- A Political Power Grab: Biden Creates Commission To Study Packing The Supreme Court
- Zeldin Announces Run For Governor Of NY – We Have To Turn Things Around
- Report Shows Trump’s Net Worth After Presidency – Obama Got Richer While Donald Lost Over $1 Billion
- 172,000 Tried To Cross Border Illegally In March, The Most In 15 Years
- Texas Governor Demands Shut Down Of Migrant Facility For Abuse
- Neck Becomes Neck Area For Prosecution, Media In George Floyd Trial
- Biden On The Second Amendment: No Amendment Is Absolute
- Leaked Teacher Training Video Shows How Cultish Critical Race Theory Is Being Pushed On Teachers
- Cuomo’s NY: Illegals To Get $1.1B More In Aid Than Small Businesses
- Trump Supports New Pence Effort To Fuse Conservatism With MAGA Agenda