Houston Police have confirmed that they raised concerns to Travis Scott about his Astroworld performance ahead of the music festival.
Eight people died at the concert, and many more were injured in a crowd surge that occurred during Scott’s performance.
Police Chief Finner said that he asked the rapper to work with the local police for his weekend music festival. He also requested that his team be “aware of his social media messaging regarding any unscheduled events”
According to Finner the meeting was short and respectful and allowed him to voice his concerns. He added that a criminal probe into the incident continues.
He pleaded, “We ask for everyone to think of the grieving family during this extremely difficult time.” Please continue to pray for them.
These eight victims were between 14 and 27 years old.
Finner stated that there are many narratives about what happened at the event during a Saturday press conference. He encouraged people to follow the evidence and facts.
Investigators from Houston’s police and fire departments have indicated that they will review footage taken by Live Nation concert promoters, as well as many clips from witnesses at the show that were widely shared via social media. They also plan to meet with Scott, Live Nation representatives and concertgoers.
Scott had previously spoken out and said he was “absolutely devastated” by the events.