The walkout is set to take place on Oct. 20, a day after a virtual event at which staffers can discuss “the Chappelle special’s impact on the trans community,” according to a report that cited Netflix employees.
The special has been the subject of criticism for its examination of the transgender community and the nature of the anatomy of transgender people.
“Every human being in this room, every human being on Earth, had to pass through the legs of a woman to be on Earth,” Chappelle said during his special. “That is a fact.”
Both GLAAD and the National Black Justice Coalition denounced Chappelle’s latest special, the Los Angeles Times reported, adding that Netflix defended The Closer.
“We support artistic expression for our creators,” a spokesperson said. “We also encourage our employees to disagree openly.”
Chappelle’s works are “consistently the most-watched comedy specials on Netflix, and have earned many awards, including both an Emmy and a Grammy for Sticks and Stones,” the spokesperson added.
This sentiment was reportedly echoed by Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos in a memo.
“Several of you have also asked where we draw the line on hate,” Sarandos said, according to an internal memo . “We don’t allow titles [on] Netflix that are designed to incite hate or violence, and we don’t believe ‘The Closer’ crosses that line.”
Author : Luke Gentile
Source : Washington Examiner : Transgender Netflix employees plan walkout to protest Dave Chappelle’s special
- Waukesha Killer GoFundMe Declined
- Biden Searches for a Scapegoat
- Rittenhouse Hints at Lawsuit Against Joe Biden
- SUV Drives Through Holiday Parade
- Build Back Better Passes
- More Issues With Rittenhouse Trial
- Potential VP Vacancy on Capitol Hill
- Rising Gas Prices & Fuel Shortages, Will Biden Finally Address It?
- Surgeon General on Mask Mandates
- CBS Makes Bold Tweet Before Rittenhouse Verdict
- Judge in Rittenhouse Trial Loses His Cool
- FBI has Suppressed Patriots
- Media Continues to Come After Ron Desantis
- Travis Scott Concert Tragedy Continues, Houston Police Chief Speaks Out
- Country Music Fans Chant F**k Joe Biden At Jason Aldean Concert