The United States Space Force (USSF), which is the sixth branch of the United States Armed Forces, revealed on Friday that their personnel will officially be called “Guardians.”
“Today, after a yearlong process that produced hundreds of submissions and research involving space professionals and members of the general public, we can finally share with you the name by which we will be known: Guardians,” the USSF said in a statement. “The opportunity to name a force is a momentous responsibility. Guardians is a name with a long history in space operations, tracing back to the original command motto of Air Force Space Command in 1983, ‘Guardians of the High Frontier.’”
The name Guardians connects our proud heritage and culture to the important mission we execute 24/7, protecting the people and interest of the U.S. and its allies,” the statement concluded. “Guardians. Semper Supra!”
Today, after a yearlong process that produced hundreds of submissions and research involving space professionals and members of the general public, we can finally share with you the name by which we will be known: Guardians. pic.twitter.com/Tmlff4LKW6
— United States Space Force (@SpaceForceDoD) December 18, 2020
The USSF is closely partnered with the United States Air Force, which provides the new military service with “more than 75 percent of its enabling functions to significantly reduce cost and avoid duplication.”
While some online mocked the name and the notion that the U.S. even needs a military branch committed to outer space, it’s important to note that America’s greatest enemies already have space forces and that the Trump administration was simply getting the U.S. up to speed.
The Heritage Foundation reports:
In 2015, Russia actually combined their Space Force that manages their satellites and associated tracking and control networks with their Air Force and aerospace and missile defense force to create what they now call their Russian Aerospace Forces. That same year China engaged in a massive reorganization of their military which saw the creation of the PLA Strategic Support Force bringing their electronic network, cyber and space warfare forces together into a single service. Shockingly they both also have some basic abilities that we do not.
Vice President Mike Pence was the first to break the news on Friday about what the USSF’s personnel would be called.
“We just returned from the Oval Office, and so, it is my honor, on behalf of the President of the United States, to announce that henceforth, the men and women of the United States Space Force will be known as ‘guardians,’” Pence said at an event celebrating the Space Force’s first year.
The vice president stated earlier: “The space race began in the 1950s and it continues today, and in President Donald Trump, we have a commander in chief who’s understood clearly that space is a war fighting domain, and it’s imperative that we invest the resources and the personnel and the technology to defend our nation and defend our values in the outer reaches of space.”
“We’re leading in space, but our determination under this president and with this extraordinary military leadership, is to stay in the lead to defend America and defend our freedom from space,” Pence added.
“God bless our guardians, God bless all the members of our armed forces, and God Bless America,” Pence concluded.
— Mike Pence (@Mike_Pence) December 18, 2020
Author : Daily wire News
Source : Daily Wire : Space Force Reveals What Their Personnel Will Officially Be Called
Join Our Mailing List
- Justice Of The Peace And Three Others Arrested On 150 Counts Of Voter Fraud In Texas
- Hyatt Hotels Is Taking Seriously Criticism About CPAC’s Stage Shaped As Social Media Claims Abhorrent Shape Is Nazi Hate Symbol
- NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Says He Witnessed Cuomo Being Abusive, Blasts Governor’s Apology
- Tom Cotton: Pretty Confident Senate GOP Has Votes To Stop Biden Amnesty
- Personal Bailout For Bureaucrats: Democrat Stimulus Pays Big Bucks To Federal Employees
- Trump Unleashes On Reps Who Supported His Impeachment, Reveals He Will Campaign To Unseat Them
- Hundreds Rally In NYC To Protest Attacks On Asian Americans
- GOP Rep Exposes Wasteful Spending In Dems Stimulus Bill By Proposing $10,000 Stimulus Checks
- Psaki: Biden Supports Independent Investigation Into Cuomo Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Asked If The Republican Party Is Dead, Rep. Greene Replies: The Republican Party Is Led By Donald Trump
- Asylum Seekers Stream Into US After Biden Revokes Remain In Mexico Policy
- Trump Uses CPAC Speech To Tear Into Biden On Border Crisis, Says He Won’t Create New Party
- House Passes $1.9T Covid Relief Bill
- Watch: Jim Acosta Confronted At CPAC Over CNN’s Coverage Of Gov. Cuomo’s Scandals
- Donald Trump Likely To Create New Super PAC