Finally, the GOP has grown a spine and is standing up to the recently radicalized Mitch McConnell.
According to reports, there are several Senate Republicans who are Mitch that if he presses on in convicted Trump bin this impeachment trial, then they will no longer support him as leader.
Looks like the shoe is on the other foot Mitch!
Senate Republicans are reportedly firing warning shots ahead of the looming impeachment trial for former President Trump, suggesting that they will no longer be able to support Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) as leader if he votes to convict the former president.
McConnell has yet to determine how he will vote in the upcoming Senate impeachment trial, stating in a letter earlier this month that he intends to “listen to the legal arguments when they are presented to the Senate.” His refusal to reveal his leanings and recent determination that Trump and “other powerful people” essentially “provoked” the January 6 mob have appeared to cause a bit of unease among Senate Republicans.
“If he does, I don’t know if he can stay as leader,” one unnamed senior GOP senator said, according to CNN. The senator apparently told the outlet that “several of his colleagues held similar views and asked not to be named discussing sensitive internal politics.”
Similarly, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) said he would not be able to support McConnell as leader if the Kentucky Republican voted to convict Trump.
“‘No, no, no,’ he said, adding, ‘I don’t even think we should be having a trial.’”
Lawmakers in the Democrat-led House of Representatives, including ten Republicans, voted to impeach Trump for the second time one week after the U.S. Capitol protest that occurred on January 6, accusing him of inciting the chaos that took place. Now the Senate is tasked with holding a trial, despite the fact that Trump is already out of office. However, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has already revealed that their major goal, in addition to convicting Trump, is to prevent him from ever running for office again amid fears that he will launch another presidential bid for 2024.
Author : Sophie O’Hara
Source : Wayne Dupree : Pro-Trump Senators Go to Battle With Mitch McConnell
Join Our Mailing List
- Psaki Blames Trump For Biden Border Surge
- Fauci Falls Silent Following New York Nursing Home Scandal After Repeatedly Praising Cuomo Response
- Student Suspended From Education Program For Saying, A Man Is A Man, A Woman Is A Woman
- Donald Trump Jr. After Bruce Springsteen’s DWI Charge Dropped: We All Know It’s Liberal Privilege
- Capitol Police Chief Says Militias From Jan. 6 Riot Are Plotting To Blow Up The Capitol During Biden’s State Of The Union Address
- Noem: South Dakotans ‘Devastated By Keystone XL Pipeline Cancellation
- COVID-19 Bill Would Squander Hundreds Of Billions On Blue State Bailouts
- Just Say Yes: Insane New Jersey Law Prevents Parents From Knowing About Kids Drug Use
- States School District Promotes Black-Only Parent Meeting Calling For Black Parents To Have Larger Influence On Curriculum
- Former USA Gymnastics Coach Kills Himself After Being Charged With Human Trafficking, Sexual Assault
- Biden Rescinds Trump’s Apprenticeship Program By Executive Order
- Biden Reopens Green Card, Work Visa System, Dumping Trump COVID Ban
- Biden, Pelosi, Schumer Push $1.9T Stimulus As Debt, Deficit Balloon To Eye-Popping Amounts
- Congressional Republicans: Biden’s HHS Nominee Wants Taxpayer-Funded Medicaid For Illegals
- California Bill Requires Gender Neutral Stores, Fines Retailers $1000 For Having Separate Boy And Girl Toy Departments