Like most Democrats, Barack Obama wears his contempt for ordinary Americans on his sleeve, especially when it comes to those who support President Trump.
During an appearance on the nationally syndicated black radio program The Breakfast Club on Wednesday, Obama trashed Trump voters who he claimed were driven by what he referred to as white male victimhood.
The nation’s 44th president continues to demonstrate that his true legacy is the toxic atmosphere of identity politics largely due to his eight years in office when decades of racial progress were set back thanks to his venomous demagoguery and exploitation of black vs. white animosity for electoral gain.
According to Mr. Obama:
“What’s always interesting to me is the degree to which you’ve seen created in Republican politics the sense that White males are victims.”
“They are the ones who are under attack – which obviously doesn’t jive with both history and data and economics. But that’s a sincere belief that’s been internalized, that’s a story that’s being told and how you unwind that is going to be not something that is done right away, it’s going to take some time.”
His comments lay bare the hypocrisy of his former underling Joe Biden’s call for unity.
— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) November 27, 2020
Via The Guardian, “Obama: Republicans portraying white men as ‘victims’ helped Trump win votes”:
Barack Obama said part of the reason 73 million Americans voted to re-elect Donald Trump in the election was because of messaging from Republicans that the country, particularly white men, are under attack.
In an interview with the radio show the Breakfast Club on Wednesday to promote his new memoir A Promised Land, Obama said Trump’s administration, which he did not name directly, “objectively has failed, miserably, in handling just basic looking after the American people and keeping them safe”, and yet he still secured millions of votes.
“What’s always interesting to me is the degree to which you’ve seen created in Republican politics the sense that white males are victims,” Obama said. “They are the ones who are under attack – which obviously doesn’t jive with both history and data and economics. But that’s a sincere belief, that’s been internalized, that’s a story that’s being told and how you unwind that is going to be not something that is done right away.”
During his first presidential campaign in 2008, dear leader mocked a large portion of the American electorate as “bitter clingers” for their desire to freely practice their religion and for embracing their Second Amendment rights.
In the same interview, Obama also denigrated Hispanics who voted for Trump
According to Obama:
“People were surprised about a lot of Hispanic folks who voted for Trump, but there’s a lot of evangelical Hispanics who, you know, the fact that Trump says racist things about Mexicans, or puts detainees, undocumented workers in cages. They think that’s less important than the fact that he supports their views on gay marriage or abortion,”
He left out the idea that many Hispanics and especially those in South Florida where Democrats were trounced have an aversion to socialism, a major force in a party that no longer remotely resembles the JFK Democrats of old.
Few U.S. presidents have been more divisive or have done more damage to national unity than Obama, a truly infamous figure who will play a prominent behind the scenes role in a Biden-Harris administration.
Obama has taken a wrecking ball to this country and he is far from finished.
Author : Chris Donaldson
Source : Trending Politics : Obama Throws Down The Race Card; Claims Trump Voters Motivated By White Male Victimhood
Join Our Mailing List
- Justice Of The Peace And Three Others Arrested On 150 Counts Of Voter Fraud In Texas
- Hyatt Hotels Is Taking Seriously Criticism About CPAC’s Stage Shaped As Social Media Claims Abhorrent Shape Is Nazi Hate Symbol
- NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Says He Witnessed Cuomo Being Abusive, Blasts Governor’s Apology
- Tom Cotton: Pretty Confident Senate GOP Has Votes To Stop Biden Amnesty
- Personal Bailout For Bureaucrats: Democrat Stimulus Pays Big Bucks To Federal Employees
- Trump Unleashes On Reps Who Supported His Impeachment, Reveals He Will Campaign To Unseat Them
- Hundreds Rally In NYC To Protest Attacks On Asian Americans
- GOP Rep Exposes Wasteful Spending In Dems Stimulus Bill By Proposing $10,000 Stimulus Checks
- Psaki: Biden Supports Independent Investigation Into Cuomo Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Asked If The Republican Party Is Dead, Rep. Greene Replies: The Republican Party Is Led By Donald Trump
- Asylum Seekers Stream Into US After Biden Revokes Remain In Mexico Policy
- Trump Uses CPAC Speech To Tear Into Biden On Border Crisis, Says He Won’t Create New Party
- House Passes $1.9T Covid Relief Bill
- Watch: Jim Acosta Confronted At CPAC Over CNN’s Coverage Of Gov. Cuomo’s Scandals
- Donald Trump Likely To Create New Super PAC