In response to the state announcing it would be unveiling a new “vaccine verification system” for private businesses this week, Gov. Gavin Newsom told reporters that it is not a vaccine passport.
On Tuesday, California fully reopened without capacity limits, with the state transitioning to an updated mask mandate. Masks are still required to be worn in schools and by those who do not receive the vaccine inside restaurants and other public indoor settings.
The reopening allows businesses to require individuals to show paper vaccine cards to prove they don’t need to wear a mask. Businesses were told by the state that they will have three options related to vaccines and mask mandates. Business owners can provide information to customers and not require anything at all. They can implement “vaccine verification” to determine which people must wear a mask, or they can require everyone to wear a mask.
Because some individuals have already started to produce counterfeit paper cards designed to show if someone has received one or both of the COVID-19 shots, the state began developing an electronic version of the paper version. Individuals will be able to show businesses their electronic vaccine verification information from their phones.
Newsom told reporters the electronic system “is not a passport. It’s not a requirement. It’s just the ability now to have an electronic version of that paper version. You’ll hear more about that in the next couple days.
“As it relates to technology and the tools of technology, there are opportunities to make available, different strategies to provide more secure, safe, and transparent form of verification. But again, this is voluntary. So I want to make this crystal clear before folks run with it – it’s become so politicized, almost everything in the state, nation – that there’s no mandates, no requirement, no passports in that respect.
Roughly half of U.S. states have banned any state agency or business, depending on the state, from requiring vaccine passports. All states that have done so are led by Republicans.
Author : Bethany Blankley
Source : Washington Examiner : Newsom insists COVID-19 vaccine verification system is not vaccine passport
Join Our Mailing List
- Democrats Losing Independents, Alienating Voters Over Critical Race Theory
- Department Of Veterans Affairs Mandates Covid-19 Vaccination For Health Care Workers
- Bet On Rand Paul Against Anthony Fauci
- Biden Hiding Classified Report On Swalwell, Fang Fang
- Marjorie Taylor Greene: I’m Suing Nancy Pelosi
- The CDC Is Changing Their Guidelines On Vaccines And Masking… Again
- Hollywood Star Cher Takes Swipe At Trump: If We Don’t Vote In 22, Trump Will Kill USA
- Jobless Americans Sue Florida For Ending $300 Unemployment Benefits Early
- 4th-Graders Forced To Complete Equity Survey, Told To Hide Questions From Their Parents
- Biden Says Long Covid Could Qualify As A Disability Under Federal Law
- NYC To Require City Employees Be Vaccinated Or Tested Weekly
- Texas Dems Beg White House For Meeting, Beg Supporters For Dr Pepper And Hairspray
- Viral Video Accuses Police Officer Of Planting Evidence. Then Police Chief Fires Back With Bodycam Footage
- Unvaccinated NFL Players Will Be Fined More Than $14K For Violations Of Covid Protocol
- Home Prices Are Up Nearly 25% Since This Time Last Year