Freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said she filed articles of impeachment on Thursday against President Biden on his first full day in office, as promised.
“We’ll see how it goes,” the Georgia Republican said in a video posted on Twitter.
She had said earlier that she would file impeachment articles accusing Mr. Biden of abuse of power, for his family’s business connections in China and Ukraine when he served as vice president.
In a statement, Mrs. Taylor Greene said the case against Mr. Biden is “vast and detailed.”
“President Joe Biden is unfit to hold the office of the presidency,” she said. “His pattern of abuse of power as President Obama’s vice president is lengthy and disturbing. President Biden has demonstrated that he will do whatever it takes to bail out his son, Hunter, and line his family’s pockets with cash from corrupt foreign energy companies.”
She cited Mr. Biden’s warning in 2015 to withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid from Ukraine unless the Ukrainian government replaced the country’s prosecutor-general Viktor Shokin. Mr. Biden has said the prosecutor was involved in corruption; Biden critics have said that the prosecutor was investigating Burisma, the energy company that gave Hunter Biden a lucrative job on its board.
A subsequent Ukraine prosecutor-general said there was no evidence of Hunter Biden breaking any laws.
“President Biden residing in the White House is a threat to national security and he must be immediately impeached,” Mrs. Taylor Greene said. “Joe Biden abused the power of the office of the vice president, enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors, by allowing his son to influence the domestic policy of a foreign nation and accept various benefits — including financial compensation — from foreign nationals in exchange for certain favors.”
Author : Dave Boyer
Source : Washington Times : Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene files articles of impeachment against Biden
Join Our Mailing List
- Reporter Wrecks Biden Spokesperson After He Tried To Take Credit For Trump-Era Policy
- The Chinese Communist Takeover Of America Is Well Underway
- Obama Says He Punched A Classmate In The Face And Broke His Nose After Being Called A Racial Slur
- What We Know About Cuomo’s COVID-19 Cover-Up
- WaPo During Trump: Kids In Cages; WaPo During Biden: Migrant Facility For Children
- Tiger Wood Injured In Serious Car Accident
- House GOP Campaign Arm Outraises Dems In January Despite Corporate Boycott
- Trump Responds After Supreme Court Refuses To Block NY Grand Jury Looking Into His Taxes
- Things You Must Know About Deeply Flawed Covid Package
- Dominion Sues MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell For $1.3 Billion Over Election Fraud Claims
- Joe Rogan On Ted Cruz Controversy: Can He Make It Warm Out? What Can He Do?
- Supreme Court Allows Subpoena Of Trump’s Tax Returns To Continue
- Cornell Offers A Racially Segregated Rock-Climbing Course, Then Scrubs Its Website To Hide Their Racism
- Progressive Rep. Khanna: We Don’t Want Small Businesses That Can’t Afford A $15 Minimum Wage
- Psaki: Biden Does Not Support Making $130B For Schools In Stimulus Contingent On Schools Reopening