OK, technically that’s not true. The Filipino constitution limits a president to one term. However, rather than depart the presidential palace next year, Duterte has decided to play Putin. Just as the Russian president led Russia from the shadows as prime minister between 2008 and 2012, Rodrigo is set to have his eccentric daughter Sara serve as a figurehead president, with Rodrigo as Sara’s vice president.
Of course, it’s clear where the power in a second Duterte term will lie. With Rodrigo. Or, more accurately, with Xi Jinping.
While Duterte presents himself as the ultimate strongman against Filipino enemies, his strength only applies to unarmed drug users and journalists. When it comes to China’s seizure of the South China Sea and literal conquest of the Philippines’s exclusive economic area , Duterte the strongman disappears and Duterte the Chinese Communist prostitute rapidly appears in his place. That might sound like hyperbole, but the degree to which Duterte has sacrificed his nation’s sovereignty and security to dance at the feet of Xi Jinping is quite astonishing. The best example of Duterte’s bold if ignominious supplication is his turning of the Filipino Navy into a literal beach patrol .
Fortunately for his people, Pacquiao is willing to take off the gloves against China.
As Joel Gehrke reported in June, Pacquiao has attacked Duterte’s service of Beijing. Instead, Pacquiao says he would “stand strong in protecting our sovereign rights while pursuing a peaceful and diplomatic solution to the [South China Sea] dispute. I am a Filipino voicing out what needs to be said in defense of what has been adjudicated as rightfully ours.”
Well said. Hopefully, the true strongman will show the fake one for what he is.
Author : Tom Rogan
Source : Washington Examiner : Manny Pacquiao challenges China’s puppet Rodrigo Duterte
- Biden’s Court-Packing Commission Blames Republicans For Polarization Over Judiciary
- Biden Has Not Held A Press Conference Since July – 92 Days Ago
- Obama’s Defense Secretary: Watching Disaster In Afghanistan Made Me Physically Sick
- Marine Who Criticized Disastrous Afghanistan Exit Has Been Handed His Sentence
- Loudon County Schools Failed To Report Multiple Rapes Over Years
- Infighting Within Biden Camp Over Immigration Triggering Resignations
- School Administrator Told Teachers To Use Books With Opposing Views Of Holocaust
- YouTube Censors Steven Crowder Over Trans Show
- Nike Boss Says He Murdered 18-Year-Old While In Teen Gang
- #EmptyShelvesJoe Trending Amid Biden’s Supply Chain Crisis
- American Kids Can’t Read, Write, Or Do Math, But Are No 1 In Critical Race Theory
- 12,000 Afghans Now In The US And Nobody Knows Who They Are
- Transgender Netflix Employees Plan Walkout To Protest Dave Chappelle’s Special
- Over 94,000 Migrants In Southern Texas Released With Notices To Report
- Suspect In Deadly Bow-And-Arrow Attack Had Been Flagged For Radicalization After Converting To Islam