John Kerry, the “climate czar” for the Biden administration, admitted on Wednesday that fuel pipelines are more efficient in terms of carbon-delivery than trains or trucks, effectively contradicting the anti-pipeline actions of President Joe Biden in his first 100 days in office.
“Isn’t it true the pipelines are more carbon-delivery efficient than trains or trucks or other forms of delivery? If you could answer just that limited question,” Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) asked during a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing.
“Yeah, that is true,” Kerry responded, adding “I, I think that is true, but it doesn’t mean necessarily you want to be adding another line when there are other alternatives.”
“But is it better than train, and better than that, yes it is,” he continued, while masked.
Kerry’s statement — particularly as the Biden administration’s central figure on issues of climate change and energy efficiency — flies in the face of Biden’s actions.
On the very first day of his administration, Biden signed “Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis,” which immediately killed the Keystone XL pipeline, which ran from Alberta, Canada to refineries in Illinois and Texas, and an oil pipeline distribution center in Oklahoma.
Former President Barack Obama also acted against the Keystone XL pipeline, temporarily delaying it in 2015, when Kerry was secretary of state.
Speaking with Fox Business, Rep. James Comer (R-KY) slammed Kerry’s hypocritical endorsement of pipelines after Biden killed the Keystone XL pipeline on his first day in office — an action which also eliminated thousands of jobs.
“Well, for once he’s being honest,” quipped Comer. “I didn’t like what I heard, and I don’t think most Americans would either.”
“The whole energy plan for Joe Biden is finally kicking in, we’re seeing inflation at the gas pump and we’re seeing shortages at the gas pump.”
Kerry’s statements come during a week of turbulent energy prices, following a cyber-attack on the Colonial Pipeline.
“Gasoline is reportedly flowing through the Colonial Pipeline again following a cyber-attack that forced its closure, leading to gas shortages along the pipeline’s route from New Jersey to Texas,” reported The Daily Wire.
“Colonial Pipeline announced Wednesday that ‘it has begun a restart of its operations’ and that gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel began flowing through the pipeline again around 5 pm EST. It will still be several days before product delivery returns to normal, the company said in a statement issued Wednesday afternoon,” added The Daily Wire.
“Colonial will move as much gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel as is safely possible and will continue to do so until markets return to normal,” the company added, according to The Hill.
The cyber-attack “forced the closure of the 5,500-mile pipeline, which moves more than 100 million gallons of fuel from Texas to New Jersey every day — nearly 50% of the fuel consumed on the East Coast.”
In response, the governors of four states issued state of emergency declarations in the face of gas outages.
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.
Author : Ian Haworth
Join Our Mailing List
- Critical Race Theory Is Just The Ideology Of The Democrats
- Why Talk Show Host Dave Rubin Walked Away From The Left
- Al Gore Lobbies Joe Biden To Kill Another Pipeline; Spend Billions On Green New Deal
- Dem Tells High School Grads They’re Entering A World Of Capitalism And White Supremacy, Encourages Them To Remember Jihad And Reject Objectivity
- AZ Attorney General To Biden: Come Home, Deal With Border Crisis
- Gov DeSantis Says He Would Sign Ban On Minors Getting Trans Surgeries
- Rand Paul: Fauci’s One-Size-Fits-All Approach On Vaccine Based On Regular People Aren’t Smart Enough To Make Decisions
- Biden’s Vaccine Marathon Hits Roadblocks With July 4th Goal Now In Doubt
- Elizabeth Warren Blames Bitcoin For Climate Change
- White House Perplexed And Worried Over VP Harris’ Bungled Answer To Border Question CNN Says
- Biden Claims Pentagon Views Climate Change As America’s Greatest Threat
- Monthly Inflation Again Passes Economists Expectations, Highest Annual Rate In More Than 12 Years
- House Republican Demands West Point Cease Critical Race Theory Training To Military Cadets
- United Airlines To Require Full Covid-19 Vaccinations For All New Employees: It’s The Right Thing To Do, CEO Says
- Joe Biden Plans To Surrender Protections For American Steel And Aluminum