Joe Biden said Thursday it is important President Donald Trump attend his inauguration to deliver public testimony to the nation’s commitment to a peaceful transfer of power between political rivals.
“Important in only one sense,” Biden told CNN’s Jake Tapper by way of qualification, when asked of the significance of Trump attending his inauguration.
Not in a personal sense, important in a sense that we are able to demonstrate at the end of this chaos that he’s created that there is a peaceful transfer of power with the competing parties standing there, shaking hands, and moving on.”
“It is totally his decision and it’s of no personal consequence to me but I do think it is for the country,” he said, returning to a previous theme of deeming Trump’s concession to a Biden victory as being important to the nation as a whole:
Trump has not yet said whether he will attend Biden’s inauguration as he continues to fight for a clearer picture of allegations of voter fraud across the country.
Asked the question last month of his attendance, Trump said:
I don’t want to say that yet. I mean, I know the answer. I’ll be honest. I know the answer, but I just don’t want to say it yet.
Biden lamented Trump’s refusal to concede, saying, “These kinds of things happen in tin-horn dictatorships.”
Author : Simon Kent
Source : Breitbart : Joe Biden Instructs Donald Trump: Inaugural Presence Important to U.S
Join Our Mailing List
- Justice Of The Peace And Three Others Arrested On 150 Counts Of Voter Fraud In Texas
- Hyatt Hotels Is Taking Seriously Criticism About CPAC’s Stage Shaped As Social Media Claims Abhorrent Shape Is Nazi Hate Symbol
- NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Says He Witnessed Cuomo Being Abusive, Blasts Governor’s Apology
- Tom Cotton: Pretty Confident Senate GOP Has Votes To Stop Biden Amnesty
- Personal Bailout For Bureaucrats: Democrat Stimulus Pays Big Bucks To Federal Employees
- Trump Unleashes On Reps Who Supported His Impeachment, Reveals He Will Campaign To Unseat Them
- Hundreds Rally In NYC To Protest Attacks On Asian Americans
- GOP Rep Exposes Wasteful Spending In Dems Stimulus Bill By Proposing $10,000 Stimulus Checks
- Psaki: Biden Supports Independent Investigation Into Cuomo Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Asked If The Republican Party Is Dead, Rep. Greene Replies: The Republican Party Is Led By Donald Trump
- Asylum Seekers Stream Into US After Biden Revokes Remain In Mexico Policy
- Trump Uses CPAC Speech To Tear Into Biden On Border Crisis, Says He Won’t Create New Party
- House Passes $1.9T Covid Relief Bill
- Watch: Jim Acosta Confronted At CPAC Over CNN’s Coverage Of Gov. Cuomo’s Scandals
- Donald Trump Likely To Create New Super PAC