Despite a mass exodus of corporate donors, the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) outraised its Democratic counterpart, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) in the opening month of 2021.
Corporate political action committees (PACs) began to pull donations from the GOP following the January 6 riot at the United States Capitol by supporters of former President Trump. Even in spite of this fundraising roadblock, the NRCC brought in $7.5 million in January, outraising the DCCC by $500,000.
How it started vs. How it's going pic.twitter.com/UabUfnv3xY
— NRCC (@NRCC) February 22, 2021
The House Democrats’ campaign arm holds $22 million in cash-on-hand, while Republicans have $13.5 million in the war chest. The GOP’s congressional campaign arm has no debt from last election cycle, while Democrats raked in nearly $13 million in debt.
Democrats hold a historically slim majority in the House, by just 10 seats, over Republicans. Though pollsters predicted that House Republicans would be steamrolled in the general election, the GOP managed to flip 15 seats previously held by Democrats, erasing much of Speaker Pelosi’s majority; even with a slim majority, Pelosi claims to have a legislative “mandate.” No House Republican incumbents lost their seats in 2020, and the GOP is well-positioned to take back the majority in the lower chamber in the 2022 midterm elections. The NRCC already announced a list of 47 targeted districts identified as “battleground” and “underperforming” for the 2022 midterms, in hopes of taking the gavel away from Speaker Pelosi.
Author : Reagan McCarthy
Source : Town Hall : House GOP Campaign Arm Outraises Democrats in January Despite Corporate Boycott
Join Our Mailing List
- Biden HHS Spending $60 Million Each Week To House Migrant Children
- Tennessee The 20th State To Abolish Concealed Permit Requirement
- Meet Joe Biden’s ATF Head: He Wants You To Register Your Rifles
- Trump, Other Potential GOP Contenders, Gathering At Major Retreat
- Hundreds Of Sheriffs Call On Biden To Finish Trump’s Border Wall, Stop Gangs, Guns, Dangerous Drugs Entering U.S.
- A Political Power Grab: Biden Creates Commission To Study Packing The Supreme Court
- Zeldin Announces Run For Governor Of NY – We Have To Turn Things Around
- Report Shows Trump’s Net Worth After Presidency – Obama Got Richer While Donald Lost Over $1 Billion
- 172,000 Tried To Cross Border Illegally In March, The Most In 15 Years
- Texas Governor Demands Shut Down Of Migrant Facility For Abuse
- Neck Becomes Neck Area For Prosecution, Media In George Floyd Trial
- Biden On The Second Amendment: No Amendment Is Absolute
- Leaked Teacher Training Video Shows How Cultish Critical Race Theory Is Being Pushed On Teachers
- Cuomo’s NY: Illegals To Get $1.1B More In Aid Than Small Businesses
- Trump Supports New Pence Effort To Fuse Conservatism With MAGA Agenda