A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yellowstone National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.
Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yellowstone and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, the Sun reported.
But the friend never heard from Petito and is puzzled that the Blue Point native would instead text her mom the next day that she was in Yosemite — 800 miles from her last known location at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
The Aug. 30 text to Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, said she had no phone service at Yosemite — a message that Schmidt is convinced didn’t come from her daughter.
“The whole thing is odd,” Petito’s friend, who wants to remain anonymous, told the outlet. “My birthday is the 29th. I don’t know why she’d send that text [to her mom] and not message me.
Petito and her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, were on a cross-country trip when she went missing late last month, police said.
The couple had a scuffle in Utah on Aug. 12 that was captured on police bodycam video.
Petito last posted on Instagram on Aug. 25 and was reported missing by her mother on Long Island on Saturday.
Laundrie, who was identified this week as a person of interest in the mysterious disappearance, arrived home in Florida in Petito’s 2012 Ford Transit van on Sept. 1 without her — and has since refused to cooperate with police.
Petito’s friend told the Sun she was surprised her friend blew her off, but “just assumed she was busy.
“But then I saw the news,” she said. “Heartbreaking.”
“I considered Brian a friend,” she added. “But the truth will come out and I hope for everyone’s sake sooner rather than later.”
She described Petito as “a happy person. She makes a mark on anyone she comes across. Anyone would tell you that.”
“This is so hard on me and especially the family, so keep the focus on finding Gabby,” she said. “Please.”
Author : Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
- Biden’s Court-Packing Commission Blames Republicans For Polarization Over Judiciary
- Biden Has Not Held A Press Conference Since July – 92 Days Ago
- Obama’s Defense Secretary: Watching Disaster In Afghanistan Made Me Physically Sick
- Marine Who Criticized Disastrous Afghanistan Exit Has Been Handed His Sentence
- Loudon County Schools Failed To Report Multiple Rapes Over Years
- Infighting Within Biden Camp Over Immigration Triggering Resignations
- School Administrator Told Teachers To Use Books With Opposing Views Of Holocaust
- YouTube Censors Steven Crowder Over Trans Show
- Nike Boss Says He Murdered 18-Year-Old While In Teen Gang
- #EmptyShelvesJoe Trending Amid Biden’s Supply Chain Crisis
- American Kids Can’t Read, Write, Or Do Math, But Are No 1 In Critical Race Theory
- 12,000 Afghans Now In The US And Nobody Knows Who They Are
- Transgender Netflix Employees Plan Walkout To Protest Dave Chappelle’s Special
- Over 94,000 Migrants In Southern Texas Released With Notices To Report
- Suspect In Deadly Bow-And-Arrow Attack Had Been Flagged For Radicalization After Converting To Islam