CNN anchor Don Lemon had some unfavorable remarks about the United States and Americans in a new interview. The left-wing cable TV host made a bizarre claim that Americans don’t see black people as human beings, and declared that the U.S. needs to “realize just how racist it is.”
Lemon gave an in-depth interview for the Washington Post Magazine’s Sunday feature. Reporter Eric Easter asked Lemon, “You’ve suggested that Trump was the president we deserved and probably a necessary and revealing wake-up call. Do you still think that?”
Lemon responded, “Considering people’s apathy to get involved in the political process, to pay attention to the political process, to go to the polls, their willingness to give so much attention to celebrity, I think that’s what I meant by ‘the president we deserve.'”
“But there’s also this false reality that we’re living in a post-racial world after the election of Barack Obama. That was all bulls***,” Lemon asserted. “It was a wake-up call to White people who thought we were living in a nonracist world. We’re living in two different realities as Black and White people.”
“We knew, as Black people, what was lurking beneath the surface,” the CNN host said. “I still believe that [Trump] was the necessary wake-up for America to realize just how racist it is.”
Easter then asked Lemon about his new book, “This book seems to be part of an ongoing process of putting yourself out there — bit by bit, revealing more personal things about yourself. Is that something you’ve wanted to, or something you’ve felt like you’ve had to do?”
Lemon replied, “I feel like I’ve had to do that because I don’t think America has seen enough people like me. I don’t think America intimately knows enough people like me.”
The CNN host then stated, “I would love America to see Black people, especially Black gay men as — and I hate this word — normal, and as human beings and as part of the culture.”
“I don’t know if America sees Black people and especially Black gay men as fully human, and as deserving of the American Dream,” Lemon said.
Despite his claims of living in a racist America, full of people questioning if he is a human being deserving of the American Dream, Lemon has achieved quite a bit of success, and lives in a neighborhood in the Hamptons area of Long Island.
Lemon claimed that “we’re living in two different realities as Black and White people,” but as the Daily Mail pointed out, “He lives in a $4.3 million four-bedroom cottage in Sag Harbor on New York’s Long Island, where 80% of the population is white and just 3% are black.”
“He also owned a three-bedroom condo in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, where 54 percent of residents are black,” according to the Daily Mail, but he purportedly sold the property for $1.5 million in February.
Lemon reportedly earns a $4 million annual salary from CNN, and has a net worth of $12 million.
Author : Paul Sacca
Join Our Mailing List
- Democrats Losing Independents, Alienating Voters Over Critical Race Theory
- Department Of Veterans Affairs Mandates Covid-19 Vaccination For Health Care Workers
- Bet On Rand Paul Against Anthony Fauci
- Biden Hiding Classified Report On Swalwell, Fang Fang
- Marjorie Taylor Greene: I’m Suing Nancy Pelosi
- The CDC Is Changing Their Guidelines On Vaccines And Masking… Again
- Hollywood Star Cher Takes Swipe At Trump: If We Don’t Vote In 22, Trump Will Kill USA
- Jobless Americans Sue Florida For Ending $300 Unemployment Benefits Early
- 4th-Graders Forced To Complete Equity Survey, Told To Hide Questions From Their Parents
- Biden Says Long Covid Could Qualify As A Disability Under Federal Law
- NYC To Require City Employees Be Vaccinated Or Tested Weekly
- Texas Dems Beg White House For Meeting, Beg Supporters For Dr Pepper And Hairspray
- Viral Video Accuses Police Officer Of Planting Evidence. Then Police Chief Fires Back With Bodycam Footage
- Unvaccinated NFL Players Will Be Fined More Than $14K For Violations Of Covid Protocol
- Home Prices Are Up Nearly 25% Since This Time Last Year