Portland, Oregon’s Public Schools Superintendent, Guadalupe Guerrero, says he will no longer have armed officers in schools to protect children.
Oregon Live reports that Guerrero will increase “spending on social workers, counselors, and culturally specific supports for students” instead.
Guerrero’s announcement comes after Portland City Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty called to stop funding the program that pay for the officers. That “program provides for 11 armed police officers to patrol the halls of the city’s high schools, nine of them in Portland Public Schools.”
Andrea Valderrama, the school board chair of David Douglas High, is going to put forward a resolution that will “not only nix the school resource officer program but also bar Portland police from providing security during school sporting events and other occasions.”
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
Author: Awr Hawkins
Source: Breitbart : Superintendent Says No More Armed Officers to Protect School Kids
Join Our Mailing List
- Biden HHS Spending $60 Million Each Week To House Migrant Children
- Tennessee The 20th State To Abolish Concealed Permit Requirement
- Meet Joe Biden’s ATF Head: He Wants You To Register Your Rifles
- Trump, Other Potential GOP Contenders, Gathering At Major Retreat
- Hundreds Of Sheriffs Call On Biden To Finish Trump’s Border Wall, Stop Gangs, Guns, Dangerous Drugs Entering U.S.
- A Political Power Grab: Biden Creates Commission To Study Packing The Supreme Court
- Zeldin Announces Run For Governor Of NY – We Have To Turn Things Around
- Report Shows Trump’s Net Worth After Presidency – Obama Got Richer While Donald Lost Over $1 Billion
- 172,000 Tried To Cross Border Illegally In March, The Most In 15 Years
- Texas Governor Demands Shut Down Of Migrant Facility For Abuse
- Neck Becomes Neck Area For Prosecution, Media In George Floyd Trial
- Biden On The Second Amendment: No Amendment Is Absolute
- Leaked Teacher Training Video Shows How Cultish Critical Race Theory Is Being Pushed On Teachers
- Cuomo’s NY: Illegals To Get $1.1B More In Aid Than Small Businesses
- Trump Supports New Pence Effort To Fuse Conservatism With MAGA Agenda