CNN hosts Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo are under the impression that the riot on Capitol Hill last Wednesday was somehow in a different class than the Black Lives Matter riots last summer because BLM and antifa were destroying livelihoods in pursuit of a just cause.
Speaking with Ken Cuccinelli on his show Tuesday night, Chris Cuomo said that trying to overturn an election is “different than being pissed off about being shot by the cops.”
They just haven’t done it at the Capitol. They’ve been doing it all over the country for seven months,” Cuccinelli said of the riots.
That matters. That matters. Overturning the election is different than being pissed off about being shot by cops,” Cuomo asserted, as reported by Newsbusters.
It should be noted that protesters clashed with Secret Service when they toppled barricades that were erected in front of the White House.
#NOW: Chants of “say his name, George Floyd” echoing across Capitol Hill for one of several protests planned throughout DC today.
Hundreds of people are gathered around the reflection pool hearing from black activists after a short march from the National Archives. pic.twitter.com/EUO3DSzpVt
— Alejandro Alvarez (@aletweetsnews) May 30, 2020
Later, when passing the baton off to Don Lemon for the night, the two CNN hosts commiserated on how the two riots do not compare.
That was a very important interview. And listen, I’m glad you mentioned about being shot by cops because you cannot compare. And I’m sick of people comparing. You can’t compare what happened this summer to what happened at the Capitol. It’s two different things,” asserted Lemon.
“One is built on people, on racial justice, on criminal justice, right, on reform, on police not beating up – or police treating people of color differently than they do whites. Okay? That is not a lie. Those are facts. Go look at them. What happened at the Capitol was built on a lie perpetrated by the president and the people who support him,” he continued. “So, just on that one merit, if you want to call it, it’s not comparable. That things are not comparable. So they should not be doing it. And stop this whataboutism.”
Cuomo even went as far to say that whenever conservatives bring up the BLM riots they mean to say that they “do not care” about what happened at the Capitol last week.
The truth is, as soon as somebody says to you, Don, they are aware of what happened last week – ‘but this summer’ – as soon as the words come out of their mouth, they do not care about what happened last week,” Cuomo said.
“They know everything that you’re saying and I’m saying. They get that it’s not apples to apples,” he added. “What it is, is a reflection of the truth, of what is happening in this country. Which is there are people who don’t care, who don’t like what was done, who don’t believe that black people are justified, and it’s why last week happened. And we can get angry too.”
Author : Paul Bois
Source : Daily Wire : Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon Claim BLM Riots More Justified Than Capitol Hill Riot
Join Our Mailing List
- Justice Of The Peace And Three Others Arrested On 150 Counts Of Voter Fraud In Texas
- Hyatt Hotels Is Taking Seriously Criticism About CPAC’s Stage Shaped As Social Media Claims Abhorrent Shape Is Nazi Hate Symbol
- NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Says He Witnessed Cuomo Being Abusive, Blasts Governor’s Apology
- Tom Cotton: Pretty Confident Senate GOP Has Votes To Stop Biden Amnesty
- Personal Bailout For Bureaucrats: Democrat Stimulus Pays Big Bucks To Federal Employees
- Trump Unleashes On Reps Who Supported His Impeachment, Reveals He Will Campaign To Unseat Them
- Hundreds Rally In NYC To Protest Attacks On Asian Americans
- GOP Rep Exposes Wasteful Spending In Dems Stimulus Bill By Proposing $10,000 Stimulus Checks
- Psaki: Biden Supports Independent Investigation Into Cuomo Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Asked If The Republican Party Is Dead, Rep. Greene Replies: The Republican Party Is Led By Donald Trump
- Asylum Seekers Stream Into US After Biden Revokes Remain In Mexico Policy
- Trump Uses CPAC Speech To Tear Into Biden On Border Crisis, Says He Won’t Create New Party
- House Passes $1.9T Covid Relief Bill
- Watch: Jim Acosta Confronted At CPAC Over CNN’s Coverage Of Gov. Cuomo’s Scandals
- Donald Trump Likely To Create New Super PAC