Comedian Bill Maher has not-so-jokingly threatened to leave California, arguing that the state continues to mismanage its water supply in the face of chronic droughts and wildfires.
On Friday’s episode of HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher, the Los Angeles-based comedian launched a tirade against California’s water mismanagement as well as the state’s tendency to over-regulate businesses and the lives of its residents.
“For a state that just loves to be up everybody’s ass all the time, water management might be a better place to direct that instinct,” Maher said. “When it comes to regulations, either go big or go home or I’m going to find a new home because my house is one gender reveal party away from burning down while I’m asleep.”
Indeed, Democrats, who’ve held power in the Golden State since 1970, currently hold veto-proof supermajorities in both houses of the state’s legislature. Still, Maher, who’s donated millions to Democrats, took issue with the state’s almond growers for cultivating the crop while the state contends with perennial droughts. Almonds require more water per pound than most other fruits or vegetables.
Maher used the subject of almonds to crack a joke about transgender star Caitlyn Jenner, who is running for governor.
“Californians can live without nuts. Just ask Caitlyn Jenner.”
Maher also excoriated the state for its tendency to over-regulate businesses and the daily lives of its residents.
“We are the most regulated state in the nation with more than 395,000 regulatory restrictions,” he said. “It is a constant nightmare of inspectors and permits and fees. In this state, if you get to your car ten seconds after the parking meter expires, it’s already gone and you’ll never see it again.”
Author : David Ng
Join Our Mailing List
- Democrats Losing Independents, Alienating Voters Over Critical Race Theory
- Department Of Veterans Affairs Mandates Covid-19 Vaccination For Health Care Workers
- Bet On Rand Paul Against Anthony Fauci
- Biden Hiding Classified Report On Swalwell, Fang Fang
- Marjorie Taylor Greene: I’m Suing Nancy Pelosi
- The CDC Is Changing Their Guidelines On Vaccines And Masking… Again
- Hollywood Star Cher Takes Swipe At Trump: If We Don’t Vote In 22, Trump Will Kill USA
- Jobless Americans Sue Florida For Ending $300 Unemployment Benefits Early
- 4th-Graders Forced To Complete Equity Survey, Told To Hide Questions From Their Parents
- Biden Says Long Covid Could Qualify As A Disability Under Federal Law
- NYC To Require City Employees Be Vaccinated Or Tested Weekly
- Texas Dems Beg White House For Meeting, Beg Supporters For Dr Pepper And Hairspray
- Viral Video Accuses Police Officer Of Planting Evidence. Then Police Chief Fires Back With Bodycam Footage
- Unvaccinated NFL Players Will Be Fined More Than $14K For Violations Of Covid Protocol
- Home Prices Are Up Nearly 25% Since This Time Last Year