After 65 days in office to prepare for his first press conference, President Joe Biden relied heavily on notes for certain questions from the media. The 78-year-old Democratic president also had a cheat sheet with photos of White House reporters, which he seemingly used to determine which reporters he would call on during Thursday’s news conference.
The cheat sheet in question had the faces and names of White House reporters, as well as what news outlets they represented. The guide was organized to show where the reporters were sitting during the press conference. The reporters had numbers next to their faces, which many speculate apply to which reporters Biden was instructed to take questions from and in what order to take them.
— Brick Suit (@Brick_Suit) March 25, 2021
On March 16, Newsmax host Greg Kelly revealed that the White House press office asked that reporters submit their questions for Biden’s first press conference. According to Kelly, White House press secretary Jen Psaki “will get back to you about whether or not your [question] was approved.”
MEMO FROM THE WHITE HOUSE PRESS OFFICE: please submit to us your questions for @joebiden’s first press conference. @PressSec JEN PSAKI will get back to you about whether or not your questions was approved. Thank you “reporters”!!!
— Greg Kelly (@gregkellyusa) March 16, 2021
Philip Melanchthon, White House reporter for Real Clear News, said, “Biden appears to be calling on reporters from a prepared list.”
Of the 25 reporters in attendance, Biden called on reporters from the Associated Press, PBS, Washington Post, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, CNN, Bloomberg News, and Univision. PBS White House reporter Yamiche Alcindor was criticized heavily for her softball question prefaced with the sentiment that the border crisis may have been created because Biden has the perception of being a “moral, decent man.”
Biden did not take a question from Fox News White House reporter Peter Doocy or any conservative-leaning outlet. Doocy said he had a “binder full of questions” for President Biden, including how he plans to transform the economy to be more green and where COVID-19 originated from.
Fox News’ Peter Doocy shares his binder of questions and research that he planned to refer to when questioning Joe Biden today, but unsurprisingly, the WH press team only allowed ten ‘friendly’ media outlets to ask questions. pic.twitter.com/aFC2VEzTdA
— TV News HQ (@TVNewsHQ) March 25, 2021
Biden was asked about North Korea testing ballistic missiles, and he appeared to read a prepared response word for word.
President Biden said that North Korea is the top foreign policy issue facing the United States after North Korea conducted short-range missile tests last weekend https://t.co/L7pVb1Sotl
— POLITICO (@politico) March 25, 2021
Fox News host Chris Wallace said he was “struck” that when asked questions about foreign policy, Biden “went to his briefing book like Jen Psaki does sometimes in the briefings and was reading obviously White House guidance, White House talking points.”
“Covering Ronald Reagan for six years, I never saw that,” Wallace said. “Watching a lot of news conferences over the years, I’ve never seen that — a president in a news conference reading talking points. He did that on, it seemed, every foreign policy question.”
Fox News’ Chris Wallace: "I was also struck by the fact that it seemed on every foreign policy question… [Joe Biden] went to his briefing book… and was reading obviously White House guidance, White House talking points. Covering Ronald Reagan for 6 years, I never saw that." pic.twitter.com/nZOcJw6Laa
— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) March 25, 2021
Author : Paul Sacca
Join Our Mailing List
- Taking Away The Male Gaze: Some Women Want To Keep Wearing Masks Indefinitely
- France Bans Gender-Neutral Words In Schools Harmful Language
- Joe Biden Exposed To Potential Security Risk After Secret Venmo Account Uncovered In Just Ten Minutes
- Biden Reverses Decision To Fly Flags At Half-Staff On Peace Officers Memorial Day
- Pro-Palestinian Demonstrators March Across Major U.S. Cities
- Data Shows New Yorkers Fled To Florida In Huge Numbers During Pandemic
- After The Kentucky Derby Winner Was Caught Cheating, What Happens To All The Gambling Winnings?
- Alec Baldwin Rips Cancel Culture: No Code. Just Destroy
- Biden Often Snaps At Aides With Profanity, Report Says. He Promised To Fire Anyone Who Did That
- Biden Reiterates Israel’s Right To Defend Itself In Saturday Call With Netanyahu
- Leaked US Navy UFO Encounter Video Is Authentic Pentagon Says
- Jen Psaki: Illegal Aliens Are Part Of What The American Dream Represents
- Bill Maher Tests Positive For Covid, Real Time Canceled This Week
- Atlanta Mayor: Hard To Get Gas In Atlanta Area, Encouraged My Son To Stay At Home So He Wouldn’t Run Out
- Tim Tebow Passionately Explains Why He’s On The Front Lines Of Human Trafficking Fight