Speaking at the White House Tuesday night, Press Secretary Jen Psaki confirmed President Biden will follow through with campaign promises to ban new fracking on federal land.
“President Biden promised to end all new oil and gas leasing on federal lands when was a candidate,” a reporter asked. “Does the administration still have that commitment
today? To end that lease?”
“We do and the leases will be reviewed by our team we just have only been in office for less than a day now,” Psaki said.
Earlier Tuesday, Biden signed an executive order placing the United States back into the Paris Climate Agreements, despite the country reducing emissions without being in the global agreement. He also revoked permits for the Keystone XL pipeline, eliminating 11,000 jobs and destroying $2 billion in wages.
From Fox Business:
The move could happen on President-elect Joe Biden’s first day in office, after the Trump administration spent four years trying to further construction of the $9 billion, 1,200-mile pipeline that would transport up to 830,000 barrels of crude oil daily from Alberta, Canada, to Nebraska.
An existing Keystone pipeline currently transports oil from Alberta to Illinois and Texas.
According to the Keystone XL website, the project, initially proposed more than a decade ago, would sustain about 11,000 U.S. jobs in 2021 – including 8,000 union jobs – and generate $1.6 billion in gross wages.
It is unclear how the Biden administration plans to address the job losses, but his $2 trillion clean energy infrastructure plan, with its goal of reaching net-zero emissions by 2050 at the latest, aims to “create millions of good-paying jobs that provide workers with the choice to join a union and bargain collectively with their employers,” according to his website.
Author : Katie Pavlich
Source : Town Hall : Biden Administration: Yes, We Are Following Through With a Fracking Ban
Join Our Mailing List
- Reporter Wrecks Biden Spokesperson After He Tried To Take Credit For Trump-Era Policy
- The Chinese Communist Takeover Of America Is Well Underway
- Obama Says He Punched A Classmate In The Face And Broke His Nose After Being Called A Racial Slur
- What We Know About Cuomo’s COVID-19 Cover-Up
- WaPo During Trump: Kids In Cages; WaPo During Biden: Migrant Facility For Children
- Tiger Wood Injured In Serious Car Accident
- House GOP Campaign Arm Outraises Dems In January Despite Corporate Boycott
- Trump Responds After Supreme Court Refuses To Block NY Grand Jury Looking Into His Taxes
- Things You Must Know About Deeply Flawed Covid Package
- Dominion Sues MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell For $1.3 Billion Over Election Fraud Claims
- Joe Rogan On Ted Cruz Controversy: Can He Make It Warm Out? What Can He Do?
- Supreme Court Allows Subpoena Of Trump’s Tax Returns To Continue
- Cornell Offers A Racially Segregated Rock-Climbing Course, Then Scrubs Its Website To Hide Their Racism
- Progressive Rep. Khanna: We Don’t Want Small Businesses That Can’t Afford A $15 Minimum Wage
- Psaki: Biden Does Not Support Making $130B For Schools In Stimulus Contingent On Schools Reopening