Most-Watched Host In All Of Cable News
With an average total audience of four million viewers, Fox News Channel’s Tucker Carlson finished the week of June 8 through June 14 as the most-watched host in all of cable news, despite the decision by some advertisers to abandon his program over comments Carlson made about the Black Lives Matter movement.
Tucker Carlson Tonight finished ahead of FNC’s usual first-place finisher, Hannity, which ended the week in second place with 3.9 million viewers, followed by The Ingraham Angle (3.5 million total viewers) according to ratings data compiled by Nielsen.
Last week, Carlson drew criticism for remarks he made about Black Lives Matter, saying “this may be a lot of things, this moment we are living through, but it is definitely not about black lives, and remember that when they come for you. And at this rate, they will.
Several companies responded by pulling advertising from Carlson’s show, including the Walt Disney Company DIS, T-Mobile, Papa John’s and Poshmark. Asked on Twitter whether the company supported the kind of language Carlson was using, T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert responded, saying “it definitely is not. Bye-bye Tucker Carlson!”
This is ground Fox News has covered before, as the network’s high-profile prime time hosts have occasionally waded into controversy leading to advertiser boycotts that ultimately did not deter the network’s intensely loyal viewers. In fact, Fox News, through a spokesperson, says that all national advertising dollars and ads were moved to other programs on the network, with no net loss of ad dollars.
Among viewers 25-54, the demographic group favored by advertisers, Carlson remained on top with 680,000—the largest audience in cable news. Carlson was followed by Sean Hannity (633,000 viewers) and Laura Ingraham (621,000 viewers).
Overall, Fox News won the week in prime time with an average audience of 3.3 million viewers—the network’s 21st straight week in first place. MSNBC was second with 1.82 million viewers, and CNN finished the week in third with 1.6 million total viewers.
Among viewers in the key demo, Fox News was first (556,000 viewers) in prime time, followed by CNN (471,000 viewers) and MSNBC (284,000 viewers).
Author: Mark Joyella
Source :Forbes : Tucker Carlson Is Most-Watched Host In Cable News For Last Week
Join Our Mailing List
- Justice Of The Peace And Three Others Arrested On 150 Counts Of Voter Fraud In Texas
- Hyatt Hotels Is Taking Seriously Criticism About CPAC’s Stage Shaped As Social Media Claims Abhorrent Shape Is Nazi Hate Symbol
- NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Says He Witnessed Cuomo Being Abusive, Blasts Governor’s Apology
- Tom Cotton: Pretty Confident Senate GOP Has Votes To Stop Biden Amnesty
- Personal Bailout For Bureaucrats: Democrat Stimulus Pays Big Bucks To Federal Employees
- Trump Unleashes On Reps Who Supported His Impeachment, Reveals He Will Campaign To Unseat Them
- Hundreds Rally In NYC To Protest Attacks On Asian Americans
- GOP Rep Exposes Wasteful Spending In Dems Stimulus Bill By Proposing $10,000 Stimulus Checks
- Psaki: Biden Supports Independent Investigation Into Cuomo Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Asked If The Republican Party Is Dead, Rep. Greene Replies: The Republican Party Is Led By Donald Trump
- Asylum Seekers Stream Into US After Biden Revokes Remain In Mexico Policy
- Trump Uses CPAC Speech To Tear Into Biden On Border Crisis, Says He Won’t Create New Party
- House Passes $1.9T Covid Relief Bill
- Watch: Jim Acosta Confronted At CPAC Over CNN’s Coverage Of Gov. Cuomo’s Scandals
- Donald Trump Likely To Create New Super PAC