Seven out of 10 Americans feel shameful over President Joe Biden’s bungled withdrawal from Afghanistan that left behind hundreds of Americans and naturalized citizens in the hands of the Taliban.
The latest Rasmussen Reports survey said that 70% agreed that the Biden withdrawal was a “national humiliation,” with 51% strongly agreeing with that sentiment.
And the feeling is not only one of shame and anger but bipartisanship. The survey outfit said that 56% of Democrats also agree that it was something to be ashamed of.
Part of the concerns voters apparently have about the quick evacuation after the Taliban took Kabul is fear that Americans will be taken hostage and used as pawns in a diplomatic tussle.
Rasmussen asked likely voters about that and even more, 73%, said that they feel it is likely Americans will be taken hostage. On that question, more Democrats had concerns, with 63% believing it likely Americans will be taken as hostages by the Taliban.
The questions were pulled out of the national headlines, like many of the Rasmussen polls. In the analysis, the pollster referenced a House hearing with Secretary of State Antony Blinken.
The analysis said, “Blinken admitted Monday in testimony to the House Foreign Affairs Committee that ‘several thousand green card holders’ were still in Afghanistan after the chaotic U.S. military withdrawal. Blinken’s admission prompted a swift denunciation from Nebraska Republican Sen. Ben Sasse: ‘This is a national humiliation. … President Biden abandoned thousands of these American residents behind Taliban lines to fend for themselves. He has a duty to bring every single American citizen and green card holder home.’”
Author : Paul Bedard
Source : Washington Examiner : Shame: 70% call Afghanistan withdrawal a ‘national humiliation’
- Biden’s Court-Packing Commission Blames Republicans For Polarization Over Judiciary
- Biden Has Not Held A Press Conference Since July – 92 Days Ago
- Obama’s Defense Secretary: Watching Disaster In Afghanistan Made Me Physically Sick
- Marine Who Criticized Disastrous Afghanistan Exit Has Been Handed His Sentence
- Loudon County Schools Failed To Report Multiple Rapes Over Years
- Infighting Within Biden Camp Over Immigration Triggering Resignations
- School Administrator Told Teachers To Use Books With Opposing Views Of Holocaust
- YouTube Censors Steven Crowder Over Trans Show
- Nike Boss Says He Murdered 18-Year-Old While In Teen Gang
- #EmptyShelvesJoe Trending Amid Biden’s Supply Chain Crisis
- American Kids Can’t Read, Write, Or Do Math, But Are No 1 In Critical Race Theory
- 12,000 Afghans Now In The US And Nobody Knows Who They Are
- Transgender Netflix Employees Plan Walkout To Protest Dave Chappelle’s Special
- Over 94,000 Migrants In Southern Texas Released With Notices To Report
- Suspect In Deadly Bow-And-Arrow Attack Had Been Flagged For Radicalization After Converting To Islam