Six Capitol Police officers have been suspended with pay for their alleged role in the rioting on Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol, and 29 other officers have been placed under investigation.
A department spokesperson told CNN Thursday that officers could face punishment for violating their policies during the rioting .
“Our Office of Professional Responsibility is investigating the actions of 35 police officers from that day. Acting Chief Yogananda Pittman has directed that any member of her department whose behavior is not in keeping with the Department’s Rules of Conduct will face appropriate discipline,” said department spokesman John Stolnis.
Democrat Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio said that one of the suspended officers had taken a selfie with the rioters, while another had worn a “Make
America Great Again” hat and helped direct them at the Capitol building.
Four protesters died at the Capitol rioting while one Capitol Police officer died and another two officers committed suicide in the days following the incident. Early reports indicated that the officer, Brian Sicknick, had been died from injuries he suffered from being hit by a fire extinguisher, but that account changed weeks later after more through investigation.
Gus Papathanasiou, the head of the Capitol Police Labor Committee, said that other officers received serious injuries including cracked ribs, brain injuries, and smashed spinal discs. Another officer was stabbed with a metal stake, while a different officer lost an eye from his injuries.
Law enforcement officials have charged over 230 Capitol rioters. Some, like Garret Miller, 34, of Richardson, Texas, apologized for their actions and said they would be willing to testify before Congress about their actions. Federal prosecutors have said they have opened over 400 investigations into other possible criminals.
Here’s more fallout from the Capitol rioting:
Capitol Police union accuses department leadership of failing … ›
Cop suspended and facing an investigation after arresting 6- and 8 … ›
Cop who shot pro-Trump rioter in US Capitol suspended – TheBlaze ›
Report: Investigators recommend Capitol Police officer face no … ›
Author : Carlos Garcia
Join Our Mailing List
- Biden HHS Spending $60 Million Each Week To House Migrant Children
- Tennessee The 20th State To Abolish Concealed Permit Requirement
- Meet Joe Biden’s ATF Head: He Wants You To Register Your Rifles
- Trump, Other Potential GOP Contenders, Gathering At Major Retreat
- Hundreds Of Sheriffs Call On Biden To Finish Trump’s Border Wall, Stop Gangs, Guns, Dangerous Drugs Entering U.S.
- A Political Power Grab: Biden Creates Commission To Study Packing The Supreme Court
- Zeldin Announces Run For Governor Of NY – We Have To Turn Things Around
- Report Shows Trump’s Net Worth After Presidency – Obama Got Richer While Donald Lost Over $1 Billion
- 172,000 Tried To Cross Border Illegally In March, The Most In 15 Years
- Texas Governor Demands Shut Down Of Migrant Facility For Abuse
- Neck Becomes Neck Area For Prosecution, Media In George Floyd Trial
- Biden On The Second Amendment: No Amendment Is Absolute
- Leaked Teacher Training Video Shows How Cultish Critical Race Theory Is Being Pushed On Teachers
- Cuomo’s NY: Illegals To Get $1.1B More In Aid Than Small Businesses
- Trump Supports New Pence Effort To Fuse Conservatism With MAGA Agenda